Subject: Re: Anyone using a printer under NetBSD?
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <JamesB@werple.mira.net.au>
List: amiga
Date: 04/21/1995 16:23:20
Hi torfinn,

> Has anyone of you made a printcap entry for your printer (connected to the
> internal parallell port)?
> I was just wondering what (and how much) I need to "fill in" in such an entry
> to make my Canon BJC-600C InkJet work under NetBSD.
> Am I correct in assuming that it would use /dev/par0 as the device?
> --
>  Torfinn Ingolfsen, LDS Bjerkvik, Norway
>  (torfinn@anon.hfk.mil.no)

I got my Epson LQ-400 to work with no trouble. Not that that's much use
to you, but It's a start.

#       @(#)printcap    5.3 (Berkeley) 6/30/90

#lp|local line printer:\
#       :lp=/dev/lp:sd=/var/spool/lpd:lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:

lp:\
        :lp=/dev/par0:sd=/var/spool/lpd:lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:

---

I don't think I had to do anything else.

James
--
James Burton                                    |
EMail: JamesB@werple.mira.net.au                | Latrobe University