Subject: Re: INN setup question...
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@solon.com>
From: Hubert Feyrer <Hubert.Feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
List: amiga
Date: 04/20/1995 01:38:57
> I want INN set up so that I keep some groups locally, and others, I pick
> up from a nearby news feed.  I want this to be transparent; I want a
> news reader to not be able to tell (apart from delays) which groups are
> local and which aren't.  Has anyone done this successfully?
>
> Basically, I need to have *every* group accessible, but I can't afford
> to have them all local, but I'd like to have the more popular ones local
> to cut down on bandwidth on my net feed.

By what I understand you want the following: a NNTP-server that has some
(local, popular) groups on its own disk and which will fetch other groups by
forwarding the NNTP-requests to some other server, sort of a NNTP-proxy.

Well, I do not have such a system, but if anyone can make some smart
suggestions on how to set this up (or even a pure NNTP-proxy?), I'd like to
hear, too.

Hubert

--
      Weekdays: Rennerstr. 19, D-93053 Regensburg, Tel. 0941/943-2455