Subject: SCSI prob current/A3000 and Ether probs.
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: C. Ewen MacMillan <ilixi@Tezcat.Com>
List: amiga
Date: 04/18/1995 15:25:17
 Forgive me if I am missing something obvious here - I have been out
 of the development loop for the last two months or more, and only
 recently was able to follow this list again.

 I have been unable to build a GENERIC kernel from current (tar files
 pulled 4/15-16/95 that will boot on:

 A3000T (late)
 A2091 w/ Quantum80 and Maxtor340

 Boot proceeds up to

 ahsc0 at mainbus

 And then hangs forever. I am certain it is a SCSI hang of some sort
 as I tried unplugging the scsi chain (a valuable diagnostic exercise)
 at the point at which boot stops, after which it did proceed to
 "no suitable root partition".

 I have built kernels based on the October 29 src dist. just fine.

 On another note, I am unable to get two ethernet cards (A2065) operational
 at the same time on either current, or the Oct dist.

 I added a line matching the "le0 at whatever" line to the config
 and the kernel builds just fine, but when I attempt to ifconfig
 the second device with an address, the machine hangs hard.

 Using ifconfig to mark the device up, or set the subnet mask on the
 other hand works without any difficulty.

 If this has been covered recently, please reply to me alone, and I
 will summarize any useful information.

C. Ewen MacMillan,   | Office: (312) 850-0181   | "The feathers have stopped
Chief of Operations, | Email : ilixi@tezcat.com |  flying. Now, they shall
Tezcatlipoca Inc.    | Whois : CEM              |  stick to the tar."