Subject: Re: -current kernel
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael L. Hitch <osymh@gemini.oscs.montana.edu>
List: amiga
Date: 04/18/1995 08:36:26
On Apr 18,  8:54am, Chris A. Mattingly wrote:
> > Has anybody managed to get a working kernel from any of the sups this
> > weekend?  My newly compiled kernel boots but goes into an infinite
> > repitition of "vm fault" when it tries to mount disks, going into
> > /etc/rc.

  I'm running one kernel created from sources supped on Saturday, and another
kernel from sources supped on Monday.  Both are working fine.

> I haven't seen that, but after a build from yesterday's sup (4/17),
> it thinks my partitions are dirty even though they just got fsck'ed.

  That's because your fsck doesn't know anything about setting the clean flag.
You need to build an updated version of fsck that will set the flag.

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			INTERNET:  osymh@montana.edu
Computer Consultant