Subject: Upgrade from netbsd-beta1.0 -> netbsd-current
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dave Blaszyk <dvb@ycc.Kodak.COM>
List: amiga
Date: 04/18/1995 09:50:28
I was wondering if anyone might have the answer to the following:

I am in the process of upgrading from a older netbsd beta kernel
to the latest ``snapshot'' taken from ftp.netbsd.org.  I have re-installed
all of the binaries "on-top" of the "old" binaries and have updated
all the files that need to be changed. (I think?)

I am able to reboot the system with the new kernel, netbsd-generic, dated
02/19/95, with the following problem.

	Initial boot messages ...
	Apr 17 23:00:14 init: ignoring excess arguments
	.
	  ..@
	     etc
	       usraltroot: not found
	sysy
	   : not found
	opt: not found

Now, the fact that ``init'' has extra arguments, leads me to believe that
the ``inittab'' could be wrong.  Is this correct?  If not, I am at a loss
as to were to proceed.  I have tried several different things, but to with
no success.

NOTE:  	Once I boot the system, the filesystem seems to be in a weird state.
	For example, /etc/fstab, contains junk.  I can do an 'ls'. but not
	an 'ls -al'.

Thanks for any help,

-dvb-