Subject: PPP troubles
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Arlo T. Moran <atmoran@oceana.acs.oakland.edu>
List: amiga
Date: 03/28/1995 10:29:50
Hello,

I have still been unable to figure out what's wrong with my PPP link.  I
have a connection, but there is a long delay (5-25 seconds) between
keyboard entry and screen echo in telnet.  Also, received packets only
come one at a time with a said delay in between each one.  This often
causes FTP sesions to timeout.  I have tried messing with the MTU/MRU
values, making sure all gettys were killed before starting pppd, messing
with other negotiation options (vjc and address control field comp. etc)
but haven't hit the motherlode yet.  Actually I can't get any different
behaviour at all.  Keep in mind that it's definitely on my end since I
access the same server from the AmigaDOS side with AmiTCP 4.0demo and PPP
and it works fine.  Has anyone else encountered this?

Arlo T. Moran
atmoran@oakland.edu