Subject: Re: Archive Viper 150 supported?
To: Arthur Hoffmann <hoffmann@it.ntu.edu.au>
From: Joern Clausen <joern@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
List: amiga
Date: 03/27/1995 09:11:02
> Hi, I was just wondering if anyone knew if the Archive Viper Tape
> Streamer 150 is supported by NetBSD-Amiga?
>
> I couldn't find a direct reference to it in the compatibility list.

Yes, I can confirm that it is supported. I tried one (with a nice SUN-Logo
on :), and it worked without problems.

One thing puzzled me, though: When the tape was rewinding (i.e. my Amiga
shouln't be involved much in this task), the load-factor of the computer
went beyond all limits, totally halting the machine. When the tape was
finished, the load-factor went down again, and I could continue without
any problems. What kind of effect is this? Does it happen with other
tapes (e.g. Dat-streamers) as well? Is this something I can avoid by
fiddling around with some SCSI-bits in the kernel?

--
Joern Clausen                        "What do you think will be the biggest
joern@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE        problem in computing in the 90s?"