Subject: How to use SLIP with NetBSD ?
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jean-Francois Riendeau <riendeau@IRO.UMontreal.CA>
List: amiga
Date: 03/26/1995 13:11:19
Hello,

    I'm looking for any information on how to establish a SLIP connection
with NetBSD. I can do it with AmiTCP. What I would need is a step-by-step
procedure, or a pointer to a FAQ maybe...? If not, please tell me about
these:

* Is there any system files (in /etc, for example) to modify ?  From the man
  page about sliplogin, I know I must create the files
  /etc/sliphome/slip.hosts and sliphome/slip.login.
* Is there any (not obviously named) commands to call ? I know about
  slattach and sliplogin, but I woudl also need to know how to fine-tune
  their use
* Will NetBSD work with TIA ?

Thank you,

--
Jean-Francois Riendeau       | There was once a cryptographer named Bob
(riendeau@IRO.UMontreal.CA)  | Whose wife Alice was an unequalled blob.

"This sentence is true if and only if the next sentence is also true."
"This sentence is true even if the previous sentence if false."
"This sentence doesn't give a damn about the two others."