Subject: NetBSD freezes
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Hans Maurer <hans@mystery.muc.de>
List: amiga
Date: 03/20/1995 00:24:51
Hello,

a few weeks ago, I've installed NetBSD-1.0 from the binary distribution.

Unfortunately, the hole machine freezes after some time running NetBSD.
There is always some load on the machine, when this happens (typically I'm
compiling something), but the moment is always a different one (sometimes,
it freezes during the booting phase, sometimes I can work up to an hour).

In about 20% of this cases, I periodically get the message
  sbicwait TIMEO@577 with asr=x40 csr=x45
on the console, but usually there is no feedback at all (no input possible,
no output, no disk activity).

The problem is the same with the GENERIC, the GRIZU and my own MYSTERY
kernel. Since I don't know anything on scsi kernel drivers, I've got no
idea how to go on. Maybe the remaining 80% have a different reason, *sigh*

Configuration:
  A2000 with A2630, 4M+4MB+1MB, 18 MB swap, GVP Series II, QUANTUM LPS240S
  (Target 0) and MAXTOR LXT-213S (Target 1, NetBSD is installed on this one).

Any clue? Any missing information?

aTdHvAaNnKcSe,
  Hans

--