Subject: pppd and chat troubles
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tom Hayko <tjhayko@timper>
List: amiga
Date: 03/17/1995 08:36:41
I'm trying to get my NetBSD machine talking to my ISP via PPP, and I'm having
some trouble with pppd and chat.  I'm trying to start ppd with the following
command: pppd crtscts default route 'chat -f test.scr' /dev/tty00 19200

test.scr contains the following:

atm1dt4163634151 ogin: MYLOGINID assword: MYPASSWORD

Part of the trouble is that the modem never actually dials.  I see the modem
lights going on like the serial port is going active, but the atm1dt4163634151
command never gets sent (at least the speaker on the modem never goes on and
never hear it dialing).  Anybody have any ideas as to what I should check or
try next?

--
Tom Hayko
tjhayko@io.org