Subject: Re: CD audio
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Jones <dej@eecg.toronto.edu>
List: amiga
Date: 03/11/1995 20:15:26
To: jma@cse.ucsc.edu (Jim Alexander)
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 95 20:15:03 EST

> Is the CD-ROM raw I/O support known to be broken in the 1.0 kernel?
> I've been trying to get xmcd running under NetBSD.  When an
> attempt is made to open /dev/rcd0a, it returns errno ENXIO
> (device unconfigured).  The CD-ROM is seen on boot and I
> can read ISO-9660 CDs fine.

Assuming that Audio CDs and ISO 9660 CDs don't have standard Amiga disk
labels, then wouldn't it be better if you tried rcd0c?

I can't see how raw I/O could possibly be broken - raw I/O uses the same
strategy routines as cached I/O, and you know that works, cuz ISO 9660
works.

--
David Jones, M.A.Sc student, Electronics Group (VLSI), University of Toronto
           email: dej@eecg.toronto.edu, finger for PGP public key