Subject: Re: reselection
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Jones <dej@eecg.toronto.edu>
List: amiga
Date: 02/10/1995 15:29:52
> My system is an A3000T with 16 megs of fast RAM, a 540M
> Quantum Maverick, an older 320M Micropolis and an Archive
> Viper 2150S tape drive.  I'm using the A3000 onboard SCSI.
> Is there any reason I should _not_ turn on reselection on
> my devices?  I got my Archive Viper working under NetBSD

NetBSD/Amiga does not support reselection.

Turning reselection on will not buy you anything as a result.  I'm not
sure if turning on reselection causes NetBSD to fail.

Reselection would actually be a useful thing to have, esp. if you have a
tape drive.  It's not too hard to implement.  The messy part will be DMA -
when a device disconnects, you need to stop the DMA and determine exactly
where it left off so the transfer can be resumed at the right place.

If I had good DMAC docs, I'd try this myself.  That'll have to wait until
after I finish the Xylogics SMD driver for the Sun3 I just got today.

no :-)