Subject: Re: Installation Woes
To: Dmitri Baughman <dmitri@anetbbs.com>
From: Danny Lepage <poutine@M3iSystems.QC.CA>
List: amiga
Date: 01/28/1995 13:56:27
cout << Dmitri Baughman
//
// [...]
//
// I've read through all the FAQ files I could find, and reference to this error
// is always made AFTER a successful install.  I'd like to try the "binpatch" to
// _scsi_no_dma and/or _inhibit_sync[1] but I don't have the "vmunix" kernel
// installed yet, obviously.  Trying a patch to either the A3000 version of
// "netbsd" or the generic version results in an "Unknown symbol."
//
// [...]
//

Seems like you've got an old FAQ / or the current FAQ is not up to date.
The kernel file is no longer named vmunix, but netbsd. Second,
_inhibit_sync has been renamed to _sbic_inhibit_sync (but I don't think
that's your problem anyway).

I would think your problem would be solve by binpatching _scsi_no_dma, but
I'm not sure of the new name, maybe _sbic_scsi_no_dma ????

Is there any people that had to disable dma with the A3000 built in
controller ???

Hope it helps ...

Danny Lepage