Subject: Re: NetBSD on Aminet?
To: Constantin Gonzalez <incg@miraculix.rz.tu-clausthal.de>
From: Hubert Feyrer <Hubert.Feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
List: amiga
Date: 01/22/1995 15:57:22
> But then: Why not advertise more for NetBSD and its distribution sites. Why
> not put FAQs, Infos etc. on Aminet and tell the people how to ftp to
> ftp.uni-regensburg.de. Maybe they could integrate a download-NetBSD-part into
> adt... :)

alias ndt "mosaic ftp://ftp.uni-regensburg.de/pub/NetBSD-Amiga/.index.html"

> Seriously: I think that if Aminet wants to mirror NetBSD, it should do so,
> but they should preserver the Directory-structure and naming convention of
> ftp.uni-regensburg.de. It would cause much too much confusion to change
> names etc. and that would also go against the NetBSD-for-all-platforms
> conventions.

And putting the mirror on CD or making money of it otherwise would break some
things, too. that's the main point. I don't want to put lots of time into the
FTP-site here with someone else making money out of it.

Hubert

--
      Weekdays: Rennerstr. 19, D-93053 Regensburg, Tel. 0941/943-2455