Subject: Re: AAARGH you people
To: Markus Illenseer <markus@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
From: Geir Harald Hansen <geirhans@ifi.uio.no>
List: amiga
Date: 01/21/1995 23:26:37
> > BTW I doubt the existence of this bug. I suppose that your hardware
> > has a temperature problem.
>  No, the problem does exist. I have it happen that my other A3000 with
> only 4MB RAM and only *blush* 5MB swap crashes when i try to start X.

I used to have this problem all the time with 4M memory. Now I have 8M
and I messages like "virtual memory exhausted". Not that I like those
messages, but the kernel panics were really getting on my nerves!

I don't know why, but NetBSD crashes all the time with only 4M RAM. It's
useless that way.. either the bug(s) should be fixed or the FAQs etc.
should be updated to say NetBSD needs 8M minimum. :(

- Geir Harald Hansen, geirhans@ifi.uio.no