Subject: Re: NetBSD on Aminet?
To: None <decvax!techfak.uni-bielefeld.de!markus@life.ai.mit.edu>
From: Gail C. Sanders <Sanders@wizard.Nashua.NH.US>
List: amiga
Date: 01/20/1995 01:07:02
Hi Markus (Markus Illenseer), on Jan 19 you wrote:

> On Jan 19,  1:37am, Gail C. Sanders wrote:
> > I think NetBSD should be available on Aminet (including the CD). I've
> > been interested in installing it, but have as yet been unable to determine
> > where (if anywhere) the "good, current, complete kit can be had. This is
> > compounded by the fact that I currently only have dialup UUCP access and
> > downloads have to be done through ftpmail (which can be quite a pain).
> > Having NetBSD available on CD would make life SO much nicer...
>
>  And you believe you will get what you expect? You want a non-supported
> Distribtution?

Let me modify my previous statement.  What I should have said was that I
would like to see some kind of CD based distribution.  Whether it's on the
Aminet CD or not doesn't matter to me, as long as it's on some CD.

Is there a supported CD based distribution?

I heard there was a prerelease version on a Meeting Pearl CD, but I also
heard that there probably wouldn't be any more MP CDs.  Does anyone know
anything more about this?

Comments?

Gail Sanders
        __
       ///
__    ///	Gail C. Sanders		IP:    sanders@wizard.Nashua.NH.US
\\\  ///	28 Royal Crest Drive	UUCP:  wizard.Nashua.NH.US!sanders
 \\\///		Apt. 9			Voice: +1 603 891 0770
  \XX/		Nashua, NH 03060	FAX:   +1 603 891 1403