Subject: Re: /netbsd: Cannot set battery backed clock
To: Michael K. Sanders <msanders@ataxia.res.wpi.edu>
From: Bernd Ernesti <erbe0011@FH-Karlsruhe.DE>
List: amiga
Date: 01/19/1995 11:52:31
Michael K. Sanders writes:

>My system time has never been very stable, for some reason, it would
>drift by hours in any given day... So I installed and set up xntpd,
>and happily have a synchronized time now. Except that whenever the
>time gets adjusted I get an annoying '/netbsd: Cannot set battery
>backed clock' message on the console. Is there some way to get around
>this? I suppose it could be taken out of /etc/syslog.conf, but

Yes, there is one. I have an patch for the A2000 and A3/4000 to save the
clock and I send an normal email to the amiga maintainer, but no responds
so I need to send an send-pr to get this into current.
But I think you need it for a 1.0 system, right ? I think I have somewhere the
diff for 1.0.

Bernd