Subject: can't re-mount root partition in 1.0
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tero Manninen <nix@stekt.oulu.fi>
List: amiga
Date: 01/15/1995 02:07:24
Hi,

I am now in the situation between 0.9a and 1.0. Right now
I would like to have both 1.0 and 0.9a systems on disk and
that requires support for the old way of naming (numbering)
RDB partitions.

In my 1.0 configuration file I have told that e.g. SCSI id
6 sould make a device /dev/sd6 and so on (that works). But!!
When I boot into 1.0 the boot procedure says like this:

found dostype: 0x42534453 which is deprecated using 0x4e425301 instead
found dostype: 0x42534452 which is deprecated using 0x4e425307 instead

My /-partition is now read-only and when I try to make it writable:

mount -u -w /
I get following output:
/dev/sd6a on /: Specified device does not match mounted device.

What is this? I can mount every partition on the sd6 disk
but not the root!? The root partition id is set to 0x42534452
and as the boot text shows it is found during boot procedure
but how come "mount" can't find it?

++Tero