Subject: Re: sup via term
To: None <kelm@aix1.uottawa.ca>
From: Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@appli.se>
List: amiga
Date: 01/14/1995 09:30:02
>>>>> "Alan" == Alan Kelm <kelm@aix1.uottawa.ca> writes:

Alan> I'm trying to do a sup over a 'term' connection.  (Term is neat
Alan> program of Linux origin that tunnels IP packets through a serial
Alan> line, and allows one to access the network via a dialup into an
Alan> unprivileged unix account.  It is referred to as "poor man's
Alan> slip").

Alan> Term itself works fine for me (I can get remote shells with
Alan> trsh, and use tdownload, etc).  Since sup uses service 871, I
Alan> give the command tredir 871 871 to get sup to use the port on
Alan> the host I'm dialed into.  I have made a supfile, as per the
Alan> instructions in /pub/sup/README.sup on ftp.netbsd.org.  I've
Alan> also made an entry for sup.netbsd.org in my /etc/hosts file.

Alan> When I try to test out sup with the command: sup -fv supfile It
Alan> tells me that it can't find a route to host (sup.netbsd.org).

Alan> I'm obviously missing something.  Could someone give me a hint?
Alan> Thanks,

Yes.  What you should do is this:

tredir 871 sup.netbsd.org:871

In order to bind the local 871 port to sup.netbsd.org's sup port.
After this you can refer to localhost in your supfile instead of
sup.netbsd.org.  That should get you going.

Niklas

Niklas Hallqvist	Phone: +46-(0)31-40 75 00
Applitron Datasystem	Fax:   +46-(0)31-83 39 50
Molndalsvagen 95	Email: niklas@appli.se
S-412 63  GOTEBORG	WWW:   Here
Sweden