Subject: sup via term
To: Netbsd-Amiga List <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Alan Kelm <kelm@aix1.uottawa.ca>
List: amiga
Date: 01/13/1995 20:05:12
I'm trying to do a sup over a 'term' connection.  (Term is neat program
of Linux origin that tunnels IP packets through a serial line,  and
allows one to access the network via a dialup into an unprivileged unix
account.  It is referred to as "poor man's slip").

Term itself works fine for me (I can get remote shells with trsh,  and use
tdownload, etc).  Since sup uses service 871,  I give the command
  tredir 871 871
to get sup to use the port on the host I'm dialed into.   I have made a
supfile,  as per the instructions in /pub/sup/README.sup on ftp.netbsd.org.
I've also made an entry for sup.netbsd.org in my /etc/hosts file.

When I try to test out sup with the command:
  sup -fv supfile
It tells me that it can't find a route to host  (sup.netbsd.org).

I'm obviously missing something.  Could someone give me a hint?
Thanks,

-Alan

:  Alan Kelm                                           kelm@aix1.uottawa.ca  :
:  Department of Mathematics and Statistics,  University of Ottawa,  Canada. :