Subject: Re: moving kernel to ADos
To: Netbsd-Amiga List <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Alan Kelm <kelm@aix1.uottawa.ca>
List: amiga
Date: 01/12/1995 17:36:41
On 11 Jan 95  Matthias Scheler <tron@lyssa.owl.de> wrote:

> Format a NetBSD partition with "newfs -O" and you can read an write it
> with BFFS 1.31Beta without any problems.

Last time this topic came up,  most people reported that even with the -O
option to newfs,  BFFS 1.31Beta would occasionally lockup the Amiga when
writing to the NetBSD partition from AmigaDOS.  There are a couple of you
who reported never having any problems,  but several others of us have
trashed partitions this way.  caveat emptor.

The lockups seem to be less frequent if one writes files to the bffs
partition one by one,  rather than several at a time.  Large files seemed
no worse than short ones.

BFFS 1.4beta is read-only,  and I suspect it is because of these problems.

-Alan

:  Alan Kelm                                           kelm@aix1.uottawa.ca  :
:  Department of Mathematics and Statistics,  University of Ottawa,  Canada. :