Subject: Re: bootstrap?
To: None <sjr@zombie.ncsc.mil>
From: None <mikeb@snow.datametrics.com>
List: amiga
Date: 01/11/1995 06:37:04

>> What I would *kill* for is a writeable Ados FS, or some other *sane* way
>> to move kernels from Unix to Amigados.
>
>Why bother?
>
>Just use BFFS to mount the NetBSD disk under ADOS and then do
>a "loadbsd -a root:netbsd" to get going.
>
>-SR

I too would like to see writeable ADos FS, I've had sporadic problems with
BFFS, that would be all the ones I've tried, 1.3, 1.3.1, 1.4, in copying
large files. Anyhow, it would be nice to have just for general convenience,
I tend to move around a lot of files, both to and from NetBSD/AmigaOS,
my 'network' between my Amiga and the development network at work is
currently sneaker net, and since someone decided it was not necessary to
support the same sector mapping on floppies that is common to all other
Unix systems with installed floppy drives, it is necessary to do batch
copies to msdos disks->AmigaOS->NetBSD.

Mike B