Subject: Re: Trapping CTRL-AMIGA-AMIGA
To: Hubert Feyrer <Hubert.Feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
From: None <mw@eunet.ch>
List: amiga
Date: 01/11/1995 00:51:02
> >  It is possible to *delay* the reset for upto 10 seconds, hm, it may
> > be possible to do a fasthalt in this time.
>
> Is a 'halt' really good? I mean, you'd have to press C-A-A again to get to
> something usefol. I thought of "shutdown -h now" first, but this is basically
> the same.

No, the machine WILL be reset, don't forget that, no matter what we do,
after 10s, there will be a hardware enforced reboot.

I think, the only reasonable thing to do would be to sync all *NON-NFS*
filesystems (sync on NFS an block..), then halt. I don't think there's
enough time to trying to umount filesystems. There could be more harm
done if the machine is rebooted exactly WHILE a filesystem is unmounted...

> Semains a "reboot" that goes either into AmigaOS or into NetBSD.

Don't bother to reboot yourself, you can't stop the hardware from
rebooting itself as well..

-Markus
--
EUnet Switzerland   Tel:     +41 1 291 45 80	Markus Wild
Zweierstrasse 35    Hotline: +41 1 291 45 60	mw@eunet.ch