Subject: X11R6 and PicassoII
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Quang Ngo <quang@iii.net>
List: amiga
Date: 12/28/1994 13:05:56
Hello,
I finally got X11R6 running, but it's black & white.  According to
what I read, Xamiga24 and netbsd.picasso will give me colors X windows,
but all I get is a 640x400 black&white X window.  Is there something else
that I have to do?

Here's what I did:

ln -sf /usr/local/X11R6 /usr/X11
cd /usr/X11
ln -sf Xamiga24 X               # Xamiga24 is there in /usr/X11/bin
ldconfig /usr/X11/lib
xinit -- ./X -mode 7 >/tmp/x.log 2>&1  # I want 1024x768 256 colors

All I got is black and white.  From ADOS I run: loadbsd -a netbsd.picasso
I also did: cp /mnt/ados/netbsd.picasso /netbsd

When I boot NetBSD, I can see a message saying something about PicassoII,
so it sees the card.

Please help.
-Quang