Subject: Re: Ethernet cards
To: None <amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Michael L. Hitch <osymh@gemini.oscs.montana.edu>
List: amiga
Date: 12/10/1994 09:21:48
On Dec 10, 11:31am, Markus Illenseer wrote:
> On Dec 9,  4:15pm, David Jones wrote:
> > Subject: Ethernet cards
> > I am debating the purchase of an Ethernet card.
> >
> > I understand that the Hydra has 16K packet buffer on it and the 2065 has
> > 32K.  Is this correct?
>
>  This is correct, but the NetBSD driver only supports 16K for A2065.
> It even crashed several times for me when trying to run at 32K.

  I've been running my A2065 boards with 32K with no problems, but then
I've made quite a few changes to the driver.  Most of the changes were
to use multiple transmit buffers, which gave me about 25% more throughput.
This was with a 33Mhz 68040 on one system and a 40Mhz 68040 on the other.
I don't know if a 68030 system would show as much improvement.

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			INTERNET:  osymh@montana.edu
Computer Consultant