Subject: Re: Still trying to get my A2000 up
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG, ccobb@mango.mnemonics.com>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@mbfys.kun.nl>
List: amiga
Date: 12/07/1994 15:22:21
>    Any ideas?  I recall that different versions of the A2000 motherboard
>    had different keyboard handling characteristics.  Anyone remember the
>    first-character-typed-was-lost problem?  I believe that I have a 4.2
>    motherboard (but I should confirm this).

No, it is the keyboard that has the problems. Or even more precisely, it is
software that does not conform to the timings given in the hardware manual
that has problems with this keyboard. I.e.: this can be fixed in
software.

The type of keyboard is easily determined: if you have one of those
with the narrow Function keys (same width as the ESC key), it is the
troublesome type.

However, I'm not sure if the problems with this keyboard show up the same as
what you're having.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert    rhialto@mbfys.kun.nl     Ooey-Gooey-Fluffy-Barfie
\X/ I'm not weird, I'm differently perceived. D787B44DFC896063 4CBB95A5BD1DAA96