Subject: Re: Problems with 1.0 kernel
To: None <ccobb@mango.mnemonics.com, amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Michael L. Hitch <osymh@gemini.oscs.montana.edu>
List: amiga
Date: 12/05/1994 08:50:07
On Dec  5, 10:23am, ccobb@mango.mnemonics.com wrote:

> I'm having similar problems.  I am installing NetBSD for the first time
> on my Amiga 2000/030.  I have gotten as far as partitioning my disk and
> creating a NetBDS boot floppy.  But when I type:
>
>    loadbsd -b netbsd
>
> it switches over to the NetBSD screen, lists about half-a-screen of system
> information, and then stops.  No prompt or anything.  No way to then boot
> to the NetBSD boot floppy.
>
> The netbsd file I was using was the standard distribution file that is
> available on the standard ftp sites.  When loadbsd is running it says
> A1200.  I suppose this is not a problem even though I have an A2000.

  It is a very big problem - if loadbsd thinks you have an A1200 (are you
running AmigaDOS 3.1 by any chance?), NetBSD is going to attempt to configure
the A1200 IDE interface.  Since it will be poking around in custom chip
address space, it's very likely to hang if the A1200 IDE interface isn't
there.  Try adding -c 2000 to the loadbsd command.

  I finally got around to working on loadbsd some more and have modified
the check for the A1200.  After I test it out on my systems and an friend's
A1200, I will need someone running AmigaDOS 3.1 to see if I've fixed this
problem.

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			INTERNET:  osymh@montana.edu