Subject: Re: Which Amiga ROM version?
To: None <amiga@netbsd.org>
From: B.A. Doehner <bad1679@ultb.isc.rit.edu>
List: amiga
Date: 12/03/1994 19:12:11
 > > It should be possible to boot using even 1.3 ROMs (or 1.0 !!).
> >
> > Yes, but it would be big waste of work to get it work with 1.3.
> > LoadBSD reads SysBase->AttnFlags to get knowledge about the CPU.
> > And OS versions < 2.0 don't recognize an 68040. So you what have
> > to write a new CPU detection ... bullshit to do so.

As a workaround, will I be able to boot NetBSD on my Amiga 500 (once all
the hardware and accelerator is supported) if I softboot the Workbench
3.0 kickstart file that was supplied to developers when 3.0 first came
out and then LoadBSD from there?

Boot Sequence:

WB1.3 -> Load 3.0 Kickstart file & reboot -> Boot 3.0 -> Boot NetBSD

Bernie