Subject: Re: TeX?
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@solutions.solon.com>
From: Joern Clausen <joern@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
List: amiga
Date: 11/14/1994 10:17:55
> Can anyone point me to a reasonably current version of TeX that will build
> easily?  I don't wanna spend a lot of time on this.  The one I have (early
> 3.14) won't get past the web vs. cweb issues; it complains of missing newlines.

The current web2c version (6.something) will compile without any problems
under NetBSD. You can compile it right out of the box, but if you want to
have a nice installation, you will need some time to set all the pathes.

This version can be found on the usual CTAN servers. Take a look at

   ftp.shsu.edu            tex-archive  (USA)
   ftp.tex.ac.uk           tex-archive  (England)
   ftp.dante.de            tex-archive  (Germany)

--
Joern Clausen                        "What do you think will be the biggest
joern@techfak.uni-bielefeld.de        problem in computing in the 90s?"