Subject: problems starting kernel
To: None <amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Manfred Bathelt (CIP 92) <mdbathel@faui01.informatik.uni-erlangen.de>
List: amiga
Date: 11/10/1994 15:22:26
Hi !

Yesterday I tried to install the new NetBSD1.0 on my A4000/40 after I bought me
a new Quantum IDE (540MB). I partitioned my older 420MB Seagate IDE as described
in the INSTALL doc and tried loadbsd -Ab netbsd to start NetBSD. But after some
messages loadbsd (2.9) showed in the shell-window, the Screen turned to the normal
NetBSD-grey and then the machine freezed. No output from the kernel, nothing.

Up to now I had Netbsd1.0beta1 installed on the original Commo IDE 120MB Seagate
HD, jumered as slave to the 420MB Seagate. Now the new Quantum replaced this
drive (also slave) and both HDs work fine under ADos. NetBSD1.0beta1 could
access the 420MB seagate without problems, so I really don't understand, why
it doesn`t boot now. To test if the problem is at the new kernel from
ftp.uni-regensburg.de I tried several older ones, always the same.

Is there anybody having ideas ?

If I'll have some time next week, I could try to change master and slave mode
of each HD, but I'm not very optimistic :(

--
* Manfred Bathelt, Computer Science Student at FAU Erlangen                 *