Subject: Re: netbsd1.0 kernel
To: William Coldwell <billc@warp.cryogenic.com>
From: Tim Newsham <newsham@zang.kcc.hawaii.edu>
List: amiga
Date: 11/09/1994 22:18:33
> > notes:
> > I didnt get the new loadbsd.  I run a custom loadbsd so I didnt
> > grab the new loadbsd.  Has anything critical changed in loadbsd?
>
> Yes.  A lot.  You need to get the current one because it identifies what
> machine you have a lot better.

I just did a diff from 1.0's loadbsd and the one I used as a base.
There was but one line difference.  "#define sigset_t int" was removed.

> This shouldn't be your problem.  Get the new loadbsd and at worse case force
> to think that it's an A2000 if it can't guess it.

This got it to work..  -c 2000.

Something between NetBSD1.0beta that I was running before and the
NetBSD1.0 that I'm running now has changed that caused my machine
to no longer work.  NetBSD has reported my machine as an A1200 in
the past and still booted.  I notice that when it thinks the machine
is a1200 it automatically thinks there is an IDE controller there.
Both in the old and new version it has reported the IDE controller.
My guess is that the machine hangs when it tries to do some operations
on that controller.