Subject: Re: Perl V5.o compiled
To: Andreas Faerber <af@mirabella.ping.de>
From: Joern Clausen <joern@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
List: amiga
Date: 11/09/1994 10:02:08
Hi!

> > By the way: Did you compile tkPerl? Has anybody done this? Is it necessary
> > to have libtcl and libtk as shared libraries, or can you compile the usual
> > static libraries into a dynamic module?
>
>  No.. Where is the Source.. ;)..

Try ftp://black.ox.ac.uk/src/ALPHA/tkperl5a5.tar.gz. As you can see, this
is a alpha-release, but it seems quite promissing. You will also need the
normal tcl- and tk-distributions (once, for linking, but then never again :)

BTW, I installed NetBSD-1.0 yesterday, and Perl5 compiled right out of the
box. Thanks to all those who made NetBSD possible, you did a great job.

Ciao,
   Joern

--
Joern Clausen                        "What do you think will be the biggest
joern@techfak.uni-bielefeld.de        problem in computing in the 90s?"