Subject: GCC 2.6.1
To: None <amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Stephen Champion <srcF93@hamp.hampshire.edu>
List: amiga
Date: 11/08/1994 16:31:23
	I compiled GCC 2.6.1 up to stage 3.
What I found to be the problem is that in making the stage 2 compiler,
"make stage1" created a file in gcc2.6.1/include/stddef.h that is
designed to handle the definitions defined in <stddef.h> for the target
of the stage 2 make.
	This file was set up to able to handle FreeBSD and 386BSD, but not
NetBSD.  For one, NetBSD needs to get the same exception handling that
FreeBSD/386BSD get, but also has the matter of needing
<(cputype)/ansi.h>, whereas FreeBSD and 386BSD have the ansi.h types
defined in <machine/ansi.h) (in NetBSD, thos file include the CPU
dependent version from, in the Amiga's case <m68k/ansi/h>.
	For my compilation, I just copied <stddef.h>, <machine/ansi.h>, and
<m68k/ansi.h> from my system into gcc2.6.1/include, and recieved no
errors.
	I'd play with it more in an attempt to fix gcc/include/stddef.h,
which would be a much better solution, but I seriously need to get back
to my schoolwork for a while.
	It shouldn't be too hard to find a working solution by modifying
gcc2.6.1/include/stddef.h.  The most obvious solution, adding NetBSD to the
FreeBSD and 386BSD exception handling, didn't work, and I didn't feel
like playing around with it at the time.

/*   Stephen Champion                  |       Amiga 3000/25        */
/*   SChampion@Hamp.Hampshire.edu      |     NetBSD 1.0 beta 3      */
/*   Hampshire College - Amherst, MA   | Steve@eth217.hampshire.edu */
#include "Text:Legal/Standard_Disclaimer"