Subject: Re: Pre Release 2 Kernel
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG, markus@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
From: Stephen J. Roznowski <sjr@zombie.ncsc.mil>
List: amiga
Date: 10/25/1994 18:05:36
> From: markus@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE (Markus Illenseer)
>
> On Oct 24,  9:01pm, "Stephen J. Roznowski" wrote:
> > Ummm, I (usually) do.
>
>  True..
>
> > Also, I've received NO feedback as to whether the GENERIC kernel works
> > so I didn't see a reason to build another one.
>
>  Well , it did worked fine on my A3000 system... couldn't report
> anything.
>
> > If there is interest, I'll dig out my patch and rebuild....
>
>  I am more interested into the fact how you create the >1MB kernel.
> please send me your GENERIC config file. All i am able to do is
> about 890K.

I've put my config files on ftp.uni-regensburg.de (under kernels I believe).
I didn't do anything special to build it.

>  BTW, nice work, i have *no* error (and if i remember right not even
> a warning) during compile of the GENERIC kernel.

Remember, there are currently two different GENERIC configuration files
running around now. The one in the distribution (which is equivalent
to my LITE kernel) and my GENERIC configuration file which has everything.

-SR