Subject: Re: Pre Release 2 Kernel
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG, markus@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
From: Stephen J. Roznowski <sjr@zombie.ncsc.mil>
List: amiga
Date: 10/24/1994 21:01:12
> From: markus@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE (Markus Illenseer)
>
>  It turns out that the netbsd-generic.940823 (quite old?) in the kernel
> directory of the Pre Release 2 is not generic at all nonthe less it
> may be sized >1MB. All other kernel which worked on the A4000/40 also
> worked fine with shared-libs.
>
>  So please do check the kernels you supply with the release 1.0 version...

Ummm, I (usually) do.

When I last built a truly GENERIC kernel, I found some errors in
the kernel network files. I sent in a bug report/patch and it still
has not been fixed.

Also, I've received NO feedback as to whether the GENERIC kernel works
so I didn't see a reason to build another one.

If there is interest, I'll dig out my patch and rebuild....

-SR