Subject: Re: Pre Release 2 Kernel
To: Markus Illenseer <markus@techfak.uni-bielefeld.de>
From: Christian E. Hopps <chopps@water.emich.edu>
List: amiga
Date: 10/24/1994 13:08:46
>  I had lot of trouble with the Pre Release 2 on two different A4000/40.
> All programms which depends on sahred-libs, such as /usr/bin/* refused
> to work (no crahs, no core-dump, no nothing, just they dont work).

I fixed a bug a while back that caused exactly this.  It was an 040 buserr
handling bug.  Basically some of the shared libs had symbols across page
boundries and the 040 code never faulted the second page in.  The
symptom was that dynamic bins seemed to just sit there.  You could ^C
break them and you would get your shell prompt back but the binaries never
did anything.  It sounds like this is your problem nes pas?

Chris.