Subject: Re: serial card
To: None <amiga@NetBSD.ORG, jag@tiac.net>
From: Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@appli.se>
List: amiga
Date: 10/21/1994 00:41:27
To: jag@tiac.net
CC: amiga@NetBSD.ORG

>>>>> "Jeremy" == Jeremy Alan Green <jag@tiac.net> writes:

Jeremy> I saw an add in amiga world for an alfaData multifacecard III
Jeremy> w/ two serial ports and 1 parallel port.  It says it can
Jeremy> handle 115,200 baud (FIFO)...  any chance this would work with
Jeremy> NetBSD?

Not directly, but on the other hand it shouldn't be to hard to write
a driver for it if you're the least into C programming.  I bet it's
16550 ICs which are well-known (easy to get docs for).  It shouldn't
be to hard to find the chips base address and IRQ from the ADOS
driver.  The parallel port however, I'm more doubtful about.  Perhaps
they've used  a PC -compatible chip, the it should be easy to write
a driver for that port as well.

Niklas

Niklas Hallqvist	Phone: +46-(0)31-40 75 00
Applitron Datasystem	Fax:   +46-(0)31-83 39 50
Molndalsvagen 95	Email: niklas@appli.se
S-412 63  GOTEBORG, Sweden