Subject: Re: floppy drive
To: Jeremy Alan Green <jag@tiac.net>
From: Michael L. Hitch <osymh@gemini.oscs.montana.edu>
List: amiga
Date: 10/20/1994 16:42:35
On Oct 20,  5:25pm, Jeremy Alan Green wrote:
> How does one go about formatting a floppy disk?  I tried to do it and it
> said that there were a whole bunch of write errors.

  You should be able to do it with:
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/rfd0a bs=11k count=80
(or bs=22k for high-density drives).

> Also, is it possible to mount an ms-dos filesystem from a floppy?

  Maybe, but only if the floppy was formatted with the AmigaDOS track format.
The floppy driver doesn't know how to handle the IBM sector format yet.

Micahel

--
Michael L. Hitch			INTERNET:  osymh@montana.edu
Computer Consultant