Subject: Re: gdb?
To: Arthur Hoffmann <hoffmann@it.ntu.edu.au>
From: Michael L. Hitch <osymh@gemini.oscs.montana.edu>
List: amiga
Date: 10/20/1994 10:25:55
On Oct 20,  4:44pm, Arthur Hoffmann wrote:
> I was just wondering if someone could tell me which kernel was the
> last that supported gdb.
> I have been waiting for quite some time to be able to use gdb, but now
> exams are coming up and I don't have the time anymore to drive to town
> to debug my programs on the university machines.

  I haven't had any problems with gdb on the current kernel.  For a while,
I thought I had one system that worked and another that didn't, even though
I was running the same version of the kernel.  That "problem" turned out
to be running with a gdb compiled last December.  After getting rid of that
old version and running with a newer one, it worked fine.

> What is the problem with it anyway?

  I think the problem was that the kernel was enforcing a long-word
alignment on accesses to the registers, but the registers on the m68k
stack frame weren't on the required boundary.

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			INTERNET:  osymh@montana.edu
Computer Consultant