Subject: Re: gcc 2.6.0 and kernel compiling
To: None <amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Guenther Grau <s_grau@ira.uka.de>
List: amiga
Date: 10/14/1994 15:51:13
Hi Mike,

We have had a discussion about that already.

> Oh, BTW, to those of you maintaining the NetBSD sources, what's the chance
> of adding the memcpy stuff in my previous post to the archives permanently?

A new version of gcc will eventually be incorporated into NetBSD, once the
release is done. Changing the compiler before the release would
potentially break a lot of things as the NetBSD-gcc has many bug-fixes in it,
the normal gcc hasn't (AFAIK). So, simply wait for the core team to integrate
it and you are happy. BTW, the best list to post such things, which are
general to NetBSD, and not only relevant for a certain port, is on
current-users@NetBSD.ORG, not amiga@NetBSD.ORG.

  Guenther