Subject: Re: file quotas
To: NetBSD list <amiga%NetBSD.org@messi.uku.fi>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@muikku.jmp.fi>
List: amiga
Date: 10/12/1994 08:31:49
> From: "Michael K. Sanders" <msanders@ataxia.res.wpi.edu>

> I'm trying to set up file quotas, but I don't have any idea what the
> format of the quota.users and quota.groups files are supposed to be.
> Anyone have any examples?

The system creates those files automatically.  You'll need to enable
quotas for any partitions in /etc/fstab:

/dev/sd0d       /home   ufs     rw,userquota    1       4

(Note that you need a kernel that was compiled with quota option enabled.)

Can't remember the exact procedure now, but you have to enable quota
manually for the first time with quotaon and run quotacheck.  Quotacheck
will create the missing quota files on the partitions (man quotacheck).

You edit the user quotas using edquota <user>.  By default, no user has
quota limits.  When you set quotas for one user, you can duplicate the
settings with edquota -p <protouser> <otheruser>.  Check current quota
status using quota <user> or quotacheck -a (as root).

Hope this helps - quotas work just fine on my system.

  Jukka

--

| Mail:  Jukka Marin         |     E-Mail:           jmarin@muikku.jmp.fi |
|        Metsurintie 17 B 8  |     FAX/voice:        +358 71 283 2793     |