Subject: Re: Tar Multi Volume on /dev/fd0
To: None <tron@lyssa.owl.de>
From: None <mikeb@snow.datametrics.com>
List: amiga
Date: 10/11/1994 07:22:47
>	Hi,
>
>I tried to write the kernel sources to disk with "tar cvMf /dev/fd0a src"
>today. After the first disk was full tar didn't ask for a second one but
>continued to write into nirvana.

Try 'tar cvMfL /dev/fd0a 1760 src', replacing the 1760 with 880 if you
are using low density floppies. At least I assume these are the right
values, as the NetBSD-amiga floppy drivers seem to use some amiga
derivative format. Don't have my NetBSD machine handy right now to try
it. On other Unixy platforms, one would use 1440 in place of the 1760. This
tells tar (BTW, this is just for the GNU tar) the size of the disk.

	Mike B