Subject: Amount of free memory?
To: NetBSD list <amiga%NetBSD.org@messi.uku.fi>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@muikku.jmp.fi>
List: amiga
Date: 10/07/1994 13:56:28
Hello All,

How does one examine the amount of free memory (phys/virtual)?

top and all other commands give wrong results.  What kernel variables
should I query for _correct_ free memory status?  I have 16+60 megs
in the system, but top always says I have only a few megs free which
can't be true as I can still allocate >10 megs of memory.

Any ideas?

  Jukka Marin

P.S. Password expiration doesn't work because the passwd command
     always sets the expire time to 0.  I changed the passwd command
     to set the expire time to current time + something.  It seems
     to work.

--

| Mail:  Jukka Marin         |     E-Mail:           jmarin@muikku.jmp.fi |
|        Metsurintie 17 B 8  |     FAX/voice:        +358 71 283 2793     |