Subject: Re: Timezones
To: Karl-Gunnar Hultland <dixie@Krille.Update.UU.SE>
From: Charles Ewen MacMillan <ilixi@Tezcat.Com>
List: amiga
Date: 09/29/1994 16:31:29
On Thu, 29 Sep 1994, Karl-Gunnar Hultland wrote:

> Date: Thu, 29 Sep 1994 18:39:23 +0100 (MET)
> From: Karl-Gunnar Hultland <dixie@Krille.Update.UU.SE>
> To: amiga@NetBSD.ORG
> Subject: Timezones
>
> Can I patch the Kernel for it to use a
> different timezone? Or is it possible to
> add such an option into the iteconfig
> program. As it is now, I have to choose
> if the Amiga side or the Unix side will
> get the correct time.

 All you need do is the following:

 cd /    <keep your softlinks sensible>
 ln -s /usr/share/zoneinfo/nameofyourtimezonehere /etc/localtime

 If you are not sure what the abbreviation for your TZ is, then poke
 around in /usr/share/zoneinfo.

 Charles Ewen MacMillan

t  e  z  c  a  t  .  c  o  m    i n t e r n e t   s e r v i c e s
   brokers in human interconnectivity - chicago (wicker park)
(312)850-0112<modem> | we support TIA slip | http://tezcat.com<web>
(312)850-0181<voice> | emulation software  | info@tezcat.com<email>