Subject: Re: Timezones
To: Karl-Gunnar Hultland <dixie@Krille.Update.UU.SE>
From: Alan Bair <abair@amcu-tx.sps.mot.com>
List: amiga
Date: 09/29/1994 13:33:37
On Sep 29,  6:39pm, Karl-Gunnar Hultland wrote:
> Subject: Timezones
> Can I patch the Kernel for it to use a
> different timezone? Or is it possible to
> add such an option into the iteconfig
> program. As it is now, I have to choose
> if the Amiga side or the Unix side will
> get the correct time.

This is one of the things I added to INSTALL.amiga file
I just sent to Chris Hopps. The timezone settings are
controled in part by the file /etc/localtime. This is a
link into /usr/share/zoneinfo and by default is set to
US/Pacific. Just find a file in the directory that matches
your timezone and change the link.

I think there is also something related to what time you
have your Amiga setup for in the hardware and how that is
used by NetBSD. I don't remember the details, maybe someone
else can clarify that point.

--
Alan Bair             		MCTG AMCU DSCS
Motorola, Inc.            	(Design Software &