Subject: Re: pre1.0 #2 installation probelms
To: Reinhard Schu <schu@rz.uni-sb.de>
From: Michael L. Hitch <osymh@gemini.oscs.montana.edu>
List: amiga
Date: 09/26/1994 09:57:45
On Sep 26,  2:33pm, Reinhard Schu wrote:
> >  The release kernel does not support non-contiguous memory, although
> >there are at least three of us that have built kernels that support
> >non-contiguous memory.
> >

> are you one of those? I am highly interested in knowing how to build a kernel
> that supports non-contigous memory.

  Yes, I am one of those.

  To build a kernel with non-contiguous memory support, you need to get the
appropriate kernel sources.  They can be found on ftp.netbsd.org and
various mirrors.  Then you have to get the appropriate patches for the
non-contiguous memory support.  I think they were posted several weeks
ago on the amiga-dev mailing list - there were two diffent
versions posted.  One was posted by Niklas Hallqvist, and the other was
posted by me.  Then you just need to build a new kernel with these changes.
I would suggest building a kernel from the current sources first and make
sure you are able to build a working kernel.  Then you can apply the
patches for the non-contiguous support and build that kernel.

  These changes won't be in the 1.0 release of the kernel, but I'm sure
they will eventually get into the following release (once the 1.0 release
makes it out).

Michael

--
Michael L. Hitch			INTERNET:  osymh@montana.edu