Subject: Re: /opt (NOT!)
To: L. Todd Masco <cactus@bibliob.slip.netcom.com>
From: Charles Ewen MacMillan <ilixi@Tezcat.Com>
List: amiga
Date: 09/12/1994 20:16:34
On 12 Sep 1994, L. Todd Masco wrote:

> Date: 12 Sep 1994 16:15:26 -0400
> From: L. Todd Masco <cactus@bibliob.slip.netcom.com>
> To: amiga@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu
> Subject: Re: /opt (NOT!)
>
> In article <Pine.SUN.3.90.940911231803.2217C-100000@xochi>,
> Charles Ewen MacMillan <ilixi@Tezcat.Com> wrote:
> > SVR4 is not the work of Sun, and Sun has released only a SVr4-like
> >operating system, which has no advantages for any of my machines, due to
> >the greatly increased overhead of Solaris.
>
> How representative of your clue level:  Sun worked with AT&T to make SVR4:
> SVR4, all SVR4s, *are* the work of Sun.  You know, the company with the
> most BSD experience on the planet?

 The only thing that I have seen evidenced in our interchange is that you
are a jerk, like most people who cannot take the time to examine an
argument for its content, rather than attempt to label the argument
and pigeonhole its originator.

 Regards,

Charles Ewen MacMillan  | Tezcat.COM - Wicker Park
  <ilixi@tezcat.com>    | Offering Internet Access
Modem: 312-850-0112/0117| Via Interactive UNIX to
Voice: 312-850-0181     |    the Chicago Area.
WWW: http://tezcat.com/ | Mail: info@tezcat.com