Subject: Re: using X remotely
To: Jose Alburquerque <joselito@interramp.com>
From: Hubert Feyrer <Hubert.Feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
List: amiga-x
Date: 01/08/1996 09:51:31
>  ld.so: warning: /usr/lib/libc.so.1.6 has older revision than expected 8

This means the programs were compiled on a newer OS-revision than you're
running them on, if they work, ignore it. If not, upgrade. :-)

>  Warning: translation table syntax error: Unknown keysym name: osfActivate
>  Warning: ... found while parsing '<Key>osfActivate:   ManagerGadgetSelect()
'

you can solve this by using they right keyboard-mappings (or whatever, dunno):
setenv XKEYSYMDB /usr/local/X11R6/lib/X11/XKeysymdb
(or wherever your XKeysymdb is, prolly /usr/openwin)

> warnings?  I noticed that certain keys like BACKSPACE and DEL do not
> respond or behave erratically (like the're not supposed to) in the
> windows that are displayed by the remote host.  Does this have to do with
> architechture?

Sure, that's because of the missing keysymdb. :)

Hubert

--
      Weekdays: Rennerstr. 19, D-93053 Regensburg, Tel. 0941/943-2905