Subject: Re: VideoModes 101
To: None <amiga-x@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael Teske <teske@y4me.desy.de>
List: amiga-x
Date: 11/21/1995 14:46:27
On Mon, 20 Nov 1995, David Hopper wrote:

> This is a bummer.  I had hoped that I could get a fairly solid--if inter-
> laced--display from the Picasso.  Now, I know that the Cybervision
> software under AmigaOS can create a sharp-looking 10x7 16-bit display
> with barely a flicker; too bad we can't read the magic numbers that drive it.

Perhaps you can: I wrote a little utility to convert CybergraphX-modes to
a grfmodes file, called readcvmonitor.
You can find it on ftp.uni-regensburg.de in the
NetBSD-Amiga/tools directory. It works flawlessly for my Cybervision and
if the CyberGraphX monitor file formats are the same for both cards
it may work for your Picasso, too. But I haven't tried it on
interlace-modes yet. Give it a try:)

--
Michael Teske (teske@dice2.desy.de)

P.S.: If it doesn't work, please send me your monitor file, so I could
try to work out a Picasso version.