Subject: Re: Retina Z2-4mb - How many colors can you get
To: R. H. Wood <dwood@rhw.pic.net>
From: Robert Palmer <palmer@magnet.fsu.edu>
List: amiga-x
Date: 08/15/1995 15:53:23
On Tue, 15 Aug 1995, R. H. Wood wrote:

> According to Robert Palmer:
> > From: Robert Palmer <palmer@magnet.fsu.edu>
> >
> > [....stuff deleted.....]
>
> So, is it faster than the ECS and Xdanvier?  And can you squeeze out more
> than 16 colors with the Z2?
>
> I'm looking mainly for better (more colors) graphics.  A little speed
> up would be nice, too.  If performance is about the same as I've already
> got, I'd be inclined to wait for somebody to offer his/her Z3.
>
> -- dick

Yes,  the Xretina is faster than ECS and Xdaniver at a much higher
resolution and depth.  I use 8-bit (256 colors) at 800x600.  Although the
Retina Z2 is nice the Retina Z3 is still much faster.

Take care.

Robert Palmer, FAMU/FSU College of Engineering/NHMFL
E-Mail: palmer@magnet.fsu.edu
WWW:	http://ammlsgi.magnet.fsu.edu/~palmer